'Fire Up the Night' International Fireworks Competition presented by Dr. Pepper and Crush
September 21, 2013
Be amazed as teams from around the world compete for best fireworks display, and see a stunning finale by Rozzi's! Plus, enjoy Coney's Classic Rides and live entertainment at the Yuengling Party IN Sunlite Pool!
Gates open at 3:00
Fireworks begin at 8:30
$30 per carload - includes parking, Classic Rides and event admission
- Carload pricing applies only to average size vehicles (cars, trucks, minivans) with legally seated passengers. Additional passengers will be charged $5.00 per person.
- Season Passholders (passholder must be driving): $25.00 per carload
- Commercial and high-capacity vans and limousines: $50.00
- Buses and RV's: $100.00
- Walk-ins: $5.00
- No re-entry
- No outside food or beverage permitted
Please check back here as event details become available.
Everyone loves a fireworks display! Join us for this spectacular display of sound, color and music along with an evening of family fun like no other!
Fireworks Competition: 8:30pm over Lake Como
Brezac Artifices - Bordeaux, France
Panzera - Turin, Italy
Grupo Luso Pirotecnia - Almada, Portugal
The winner will be determined by a 5-judge panel and audience vote. Panel will judged based on presentation, structure and scale, colors, originality and music synchronization. Audience can vote by text. Look for the numbers to vote on the big screens at the event!
Following the international competition and Awards Ceremony, Rozzi's Famous Fireworks will fire up the night in a thundering finale not to be missed!
Yuengling's Party IN Sunlite Pool
Sunlite Pool will be EMPTY so you can enjoy...
- Live Music from Off the Hook, Cincinnati's premier high-energy party band, from 4:30-8:30
- Try your favorite flavors of Dr. Pepper and Crush at the sampling tent on the Kellogg Avenue side of Sunlite Pool
- The event main stage for competitor and judge introductions is located in the northwest corner of the Pool area near the park's main gate
- Sunlite Pool, both around and in the Pool itself, will give you a great viewing location for the fireworks, blasting off over Lake Como at 8:30pm
Beer & Wine Tasting in Moonlite Pavilion: 4:00 - 7:00pm
Sample over 25 craft beers and 15 international wines, representing the nations of our fireworks competitors, while Mr. DJ, J.D. Hughes spins tunes between sips!
More Live Entertainment
- Enjoy Americana band, Hickory Robot on Moonlite Gazebo from 5-8pm
- See Betelguese magic show in Lakeside Pavilion at 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30pm
Timeline of Events
|3:00||Park gates and Classic Rides open|
|4:00-7:00||Dr. Pepper and Crush sampling at Sunlite Pool|
|4:00-7:00||Beer & Wine Tasting in Moonlite Pavilion with music by Mr. DJ, J.D. Hughes|
|4:30-8:30||Live Music by Off the Hook on the Sunlite Pool island|
|5:00-8:00||Live Music by Hickory Robot on Moonlite Gazebo|
|5:30, 6:30, 7:30||Betelgeuse Magic Show in Lakeside Pavilion|
|7:30||Greeting and introduction of fireworks competitors and judges from the main stage in the Pool area near Gate 2|
|8:30||Fireworks begin – competitive displays by France, Italy and Portugal (order to be determined by random draw) – followed by Awards Ceremony and finale display by Rozzi Famous Fireworks|
IMPORTANT TRAFFIC NOTES:
- Due to fireworks safety regulations, Kellogg Avenue (along Lake Como) and Coney Island's Gate One will be closed intermittently beginning at approximately 8:25pm. They will reopen briefly between each of the four fireworks displays. Vehicles parked through Gate One may not exit while the Gate is closed. Exiting through Gate One may resume between fireworks displays if Kellogg Avenue traffic allows.
- When traveling to Coney Island on I-275, you may use Exit 72 (Kellogg Avenue) or Exit 71 (New Richmond) to reach the park
- When leaving Coney Island, you can reach both eastbound and westbound I-275 whether you turn right or left on to Kellogg Avenue during exiting
- I-471 South from downtown to I-275 will be down to one lane of traffic on Saturday 9/21. Please allow extra time if you are traveling that route to Fire Up the Night.
The inaugural ‘Fire Up the Night' in 2012 was the first fireworks competition EVER to be held in the United States! Teams from Canada, Mexico and the U.S. competed and it was Team Canada who took home the grand prize as 2012 'Fire Up the Night' Champion!
Thank You to our 'Fire Up the Night' partners.