This massive floating obstacle course features more than 150 feet of climbing obstacles, slides, and balance beams organized in the form of two obstacle courses.
The ultimate outdoor water experience!
Click an image to view it larger
The Challenge Zone consists of a number of obstacles including:
- King of the Mountain – Designed with a slide and multiple climbing holds, you can experience the thrill of going up almost 7 feet and then jumping down or sliding down into the pool.
- Freefall Extreme – A 10-foot-tall ladder-style climbing wall connected to a slide with an impressive drop. It’s sure to thrill all ages.
- Blockade – Run, dip, duck, and dive your way across this 20ft long obstacle!
- I-Hop – Test your concentration! Hop, jump, or crawl across, the I-Hop and challenge your balancing skills.
- Jungle Jim- Climb, slide, and jump on this massive pyramid climbing structure!
- Foxtrot – This is one you won’t want to miss! A challenging balance beam will test even the most agile acrobat.
- Neptune – This fun structure will push you to traverse to the other side as fast as you can. Race yourself or an opponent to see who can get across faster by using your arms to hold you as you navigate down the obstacle.
- Overpass – A creative climbing challenge not to be underestimated! Climb over or take an optional route for less daring participants.
The Challenge Zone features two tracks totaling more than 150 feet of fun!
Challenge Zone FAQs
What is the cost of the Challenge Zone?
There is no additional cost for the Challenge Zone. The experience is included with your Season Pass or Daily Ticket purchase.
What is the minimum height to participate?
Participants must be at least 48″ tall. There is a maximum weight of 250 lbs. on each track.
Are life jackets required?
Everyone who participates must wear a life jacket. Life jackets are provided and must be returned after guests exit the Challenge Zone.
Can guests use their own life jackets in the Challenge Zone?
All Challenge Zone participants must wear one of the provided life jackets.
Do guests need to know how to swim to participate in the Challenge Zone?
For their own safety, all participants must be confident swimmers as the depth of the water in areas of the Challenge Zone is 9 feet deep.
How deep is the water in the Challenge Zone?
The water in the Challenge Zone ranges from a depth of 4.5 feet to a depth of 9 feet.
Where does The Challenge Zone exist?
The Challenge Zone resides in the deep end of the Sunlite Pool.
How large is the Challenge Zone?
The Challenge Zone will feature more than 150 feet of climbing obstacles, slides, and balance beams.
What happens if I fall off an obstacle?
If you fall in the water before the end of the attraction, do not return to the start of that element. Swim to the next element to allow for the flow of participants.
Does The Challenge Zone affect the lap swimming in the deep end of the pool?
There are still lap lines for swimming in the deep end of the Sunlite Pool. However, please note that as there is a border of buoys around The Challenge Zone individuals are no longer be permitted to swim the entire width of the pool (perpendicular/across) the lap lines.