24th Annual Balloon Glow
Wednesday, July 3rd, 2024
What’s better than a great day with family and friends at Coney Island? A day spent with family and friends AND the visual splendor of 10 vibrant hot air balloons on Coney Island’s beautiful, expansive park! Not to mention live music, delicious food, huge inflatables for the kids, and the grand finale… a dazzling display of fireworks over Coney Island’s shimmering Lake Como!
Coney Island is our community’s treasured, family-friendly gathering place, and our Balloon Glow festival offers families a chance to enjoy experiences together that will become fond memories for a lifetime. What will those memories be made of? The look of awe on a child’s face as they see not one, but TEN hot air balloons glowing vibrant colors against the dusk sky. The unbridled smiles of the kiddos as they enjoy the Twister water slide over and over and over again, waving to Dad every time. It’s the moment Mom joins her kids on the dance floor as she introduces them to her favorite songs at a dance party with a live band. It’s the way the kids lean back on each other as they look up to see fireworks splashing color all over the night sky.
This is what Coney Island is all about. We’re here to help Mom or Dad show the little loves of their lives what it means to be a kid in the height of summertime.
Here’s the tentative schedule of events for Balloon Glow 2024:
- 10am – 9:30pm: Sunlite Water Adventure is open
- 1pm – 6pm: Storybook Paddleboats, Action Alley, Sports Alley, inflatables, and Cincy Mini-Golf are open
- 5pm – 9pm: Interactive games and sponsor booths are open
- 6pm – 10pm: Live band performs for a dance party in Moonlite Pavilion
- 8pm: Ten gorgeous hot air balloons begin glowing against the night sky. Guests are welcome to meet pilots and see up close how hot air balloons work. Please note that the hot air balloons fully inflate but remain tethered for safe viewing.
- 10:10pm: Rozzi’s Fireworks Finale over shimmering Lake Como