Summer Splash Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- By entering the Summer Splash Sweepstakes (the “Contest”), entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Official Rules”). The Contest commences at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on July 29, 2019, and ends at 11:59 PM EST on August 2, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). The Contest consists of a series of giveaways hourly between 10:30 AM EST and 7:30 PM EST each day, other Wednesday, July 31, 2019, during the Promotion Period and every half hour on Wednesday, July 31, 2019, between 10:30 AM EST and 7:30 PM EST (“Daily Giveaways”). The first Daily Giveaways begin at 9:30 AM EST on July 29, 2019, and ends at 7:30 PM EST on July 29, 2019; the next Daily Giveaways begin at 9:30 AM EST on July 30, 2019 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on July 30, 2019 and so on until the last Daily Giveaways that begin at 12:00 AM EST on August 2, 2019 and ends at 7:30 PM EST on August 2, 2019.
- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Coney Island, Inc. (“Sponsor”), an Ohio corporation with an address of 6201 Kellogg Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45228.
- HOW TO ENTER: Each day during the Promotion Period, eligible participants may enter the Contest by completing and submitting the entry form available at the parking gate (the “Submission”). Each eligible participant may submit his or her Submission by placing it in one of the designated hoppers. Although there may be additional hoppers to collect Submissions, one such hopper will be located in the special Season Passholder Appreciation Tent inside either pool entrance. Each entrant is eligible to submit one (1) Submission a day during the Promotion Period. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Submissions will void that entrant’s Submissions in excess of the stated number and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Submissions, which will be disqualified. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identity.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older. The Contest is not open to (1) employees, independent contractors, officers, and/or directors of Sponsor, and Sponsor’s respective parent, related, affiliated and/or subsidiary companies, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies or legal advisors and their respective officers, directors, agents, employees and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”) or (2) the immediate family members of, and persons living in the same household as, any of the Released Parties. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse. All applicable United States federal, state and local laws apply. Void where otherwise prohibited.
- DRAWING: Random drawings will be conducted hourly between 10:30 AM EST and 7:30 PM EST each day during the Promotion Period, with the exception of Wednesday, July 31, 2019, on which random drawings will be conducted each half-hour between 10:30 AM EST and 7:30 PM EST. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. The potential winners will be notified via loudspeaker at the park and a list of winners will be viewable in the special Season Passholder Appreciation Tent and/or any other place designated by Sponsor. Potential winners may pick up Prizes after each Daily Drawing in the tent near the Season Pass Entrance or where otherwise designated by Sponsor. Potential winners need not be present to win, however, all Prizes must be claimed by August 4, 2019 before 7:00 PM EST in the Season Pass Office. Any Prizes left unclaimed after August 4, 2019, at 7:00 PM EST will remain un-awarded. Potential winners may be asked to sign and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility and Release before claiming such Prize. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of the Prize are the responsibility of winner and winner may also be required to provide Sponsor with a completed IRS Form 1099. By entering this Contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. By entering this Contest, entrants waive all right to, and hold harmless the Released Parties from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in or administration of this Contest or the acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Acceptance of a/the Prize also constitutes permission to the Released Parties to use winner’s name, and likeness, and biographical information for marketing purposes without further compensation or right of approval, unless prohibited by law. Released Parties will not be responsible for: lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or otherwise unsatisfactory entries; lost, late, or misdirected prize notices; or any typographical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes, or announcement of the Prize. In the event of any such error, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest in a manner deemed appropriate by the Sponsor, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. All Submissions, including any information contained therein, will become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- NUMBER OF WINNERS, PRIZES, & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be sixty (60) winners of the Contest. Each winner will receive one of the following prizes: gift cards to Woodhouse Spa, Arthur’s, Walt’s Hitching Post, Prism Steak and Seafood, Trotta’s Steak and Seafood, Elk’s Run Golf Course, Hotel Covington, Quaker Steak and Lube, LaRosa’s Pizzeria, Skyline Chili, Montgomery Inn, Don Rico Mexican, Pelican’s Reef, Big Apple Bagels, El Coyote, Qdoba, Meijer, Dave and Busters, Panera, Newport Aquarium, Cincinnati Zoo, Cincinnati Reds, Kroger, Belterra Casino, Coney Island Season Passes, Pepsi Cooler, Gameworks, Entertrainment Junction (the “Prize(s)”). The Approximate Retail Value of each Prize is $100.00 USD and total Approximate Retail Value of the all Prizes is $6000.00 USD. Each Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash, exchangeable or substitutable by a winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award any Prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should any technical difficulty or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor or Released Parties corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest at any time and for any reason, or for no reason. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the Contest, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or the Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain any award for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THE PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR OR TERRORISM, NATURAL DISASTERS OR WEATHER EVENTS.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER: The Prize is awarded “AS IS.” Except as otherwise provided in these Official Rules, Sponsor makes no warranties, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, respecting the performance or use of the Prize, including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, no responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
- CONSTRUCTION: Sponsor shall be the sole interpreter of these Official Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant vis-à-vis Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Ohio, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision was not contained herein.
- GENERAL RELEASE: By entering the Contest, you release and discharge Sponsor and the Released Parties from any liability whatsoever in connection with the Contest, your participation in the Contest, or with the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize including, without limitation, legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including, without limitation: personal injuries; death; damage to, loss or destruction of property; rights of publicity or privacy; and defamation or portrayal in a false light). Sponsor and the Released Parties will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. Sponsor and the Released Parties will not be responsible for any inaccurate Prize details supplied to an entrant by any third party related to this Contest. Additionally, you hereby agree to indemnify the Sponsor and the Released Parties from any and all losses, damages, costs, expenses, rights, claims, demands and actions (including attorney’s fees and expenses for litigation and settlement), which may be brought against anyone or more of them by anyone claiming to have suffered loss or damage as a result of your participation in the Contest and/or with your acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize.
- OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, print them from this website or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Summer Splash Sweepstakes c/o Coney Island, Inc., 6201 Kellogg Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45228. If you have any questions regarding this Contest or would like to obtain the name of any Prize winners (available after August 3, 2019) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Summer Splash Sweepstakes c/o Coney Island, Inc., 6201 Kellogg Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45228. All requests for Official Rules and the Prize Winners must be received on or before September 30, 2019.