At 200 feet wide, 401 feet long and holding more than three million gallons of water, Sunlite Pool is the largest flat-surface swimming pool in North America, and one of the best outdoor pools in the world! It's the perfect place to go for a swim, lounge in the sun or dare four exciting waterslides.
Sunlite Pool is open to the public Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. Daily hours are 10am-8pm. See calendar for complete schedule.
Sunlite Pool Fun Facts
- Originally built in 1925, Sunlite Pool is STILL the world's largest flat-surfaced, recirculating swimming pool
- How big is Sunlite Pool? It covers over 2 acres and is larger than a football field! That's BIG!
- The Pool and slides are monitored by a Platinum Award-winning lifeguard team
- There's over an acre of shallow water - perfect place for little swimmers!
- The deep end of the Pool has six diving boards and lanes to swim laps
Sunlite Pool's Waterslides
Four exciting waterslides... 8 chutes of slip-sliding fun! Whether it's a body slide, single or double tube slide, or even a head-first mat slide, each one is unique and offers watery thrills that will put even more splash into your summer!
The Pipeline Plunge
Located on the Sunlite Pool deck, the Island shop carries all your favorite fun-in-the-sun items including...
- Swimwear and swim accessories
- Beach Towels
- Pool inflatables
- Coney Island apparel
- Sun care items
- Sunglasses - regular & polarized
- Waterproof pouches for valuables
- and much more!
NEW FOR 2016! AquaVault Rentals
As seen on Shark Tank, AquaVault® is a unique personal safe that attaches to your lounge chair and provides a convenient, accessible way to keep your valuables secure. Visit the Pool office to rent an AquaVault on your visit!
Rental fee is $5.00 per day plus a $25.00 deposit that is refunded upon return of your AquaVault.
Platinum Season Passholders receive one FREE daily locker, based on availability.
For your convenience, locker rentals are available for $8.00 rental + $2.00 key deposit in the men's and women's changing facilities at the deep end of the pool.
Season-long locker rentals are available for $35.00 or $50.00 (depending on locker size). Find out more about season-long locker rentals in the Pool office.
Lounge Chair Rentals
Don't want to be bothered with the hassle of seeking out a lounge chair? We've made it easy! Stop in the Pool office to rent a lounger and a member of our staff will bring it to your desired seating location. Lounge chair rental is $5.00 per chair per day.
Sunlite Pool Need-to-Know's
Showers, lockers and dressing rooms are located near the deep end of the Pool. Additional dressing rooms are located on the patio near Sunlite Grill
- You may bring floats and lawn chairs from home but please note: Floats, goggles and masks are not permitted in the deep end of the Pool; and chairs are not permitted on the pool deck.
- Children must wear swim diapers as well as plastic pants worn over the swim diaper. Plastic Pants are available FREE at the Sunlite Pool office.
- Restrooms are located at the deep end of the Pool and near Sunlite Grill
- A public picnic area is located outside of the West admission gate. There are convenient storage shelves for picnic baskets and coolers. Alcoholic beverages, grilling and glass containers are prohibited.
- Smoking inside the Pool area is permitted only in designated areas.